Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I'm 44 Weeks Old

Another weekend over....bummer. I'm settling into my new routine, going to school every day during the week. But I love the weekends, because I get Mommy to myself all day long.

Saturdays are usually a little tough -- I still think we're going to school when we get in the car, plus we have errands to run -- but by Sunday, we're right back in our old groove. It's so nice just to play and relax and have fun.

This weekend Mommy and I went to the Madison Farmer's Market. It's one of the oldest and largest farmer's markets in the country. There were so many people there! I was really excited, watching everything and basking in the compliments. I even got a balloon, because I'm such a big boy.

Every week I learn new things. Lately, I've been grabbing at the spoon when Mommy feeds me. So Mommy bought me a bowl with a suction cup on the bottom and let me feed myself lunch today. Because she's no dummy, she fed me pear yogurt (no stains). I did pretty well, but I was more interested in banging my spoon and smearing food on my high chair tray (Jacob061905). I'll get it eventually, but right now I like having Mommy feed me. Except sweet potato puffs, I'm good at feeding myself those!

Sleep is my big issue right now. I have a hard time napping at school and the less sleep I get during the day, the more I wake up during the night (it's a weird baby thing, the books say). Plus, I'm restless when I'm teething.

Normally, I wake up, fuss for a minute or two, then go back to sleep. Sometimes Mommy has to come in and get me tucked back in or change my diaper if it's poopy. But lately I've been wanting a bottle at weird hours. Mommy thinks I'm going through a growth spurt. All I know is, I'm hungry! So I get my bottle and go right back to sleep. Mommy isn't quite so lucky...

Here are some pictures of me sleeping. I used to sleep all curled up on my tummy and hardly moved during the night. Now, I'm all over the place, and I get into the weirdest positions! Of course, it doesn't bother me but Mommy thinks it's pretty funny. (Jacob061505, Jacob061705 and Jacob061805) I usually fall asleep playing in my crib, so I just kind of flop over wherever I am, usually holding Elmo.

I'm babbling again (no, not now -- in general). My favorite time to talk to Mommy is when we're in the car. I just talk and talk to her. She's very happy about it, as she was afraid I wasn't going to make syllables again! But I was just busy learning how to crawl and pull myself up.

Mommy is doing baby signs with me. She's always done signs for "bottle," "hungry," "nap," and "food." Now she's adding more and I'm starting to pay attention. I don't do them back yet, but I stare very intently when she makes them and says words. I like the signs for "flower," "kitty" and "more" the best. I understand some words, too -- especially ones related to food!

Oops, there goes Mommy sighing that I'm getting too big and soon I won't be her baby anymore. I don't understand; she encourages me to reach new milestones and learn new things and then gets all teary-eyed when I do! It must be something mommies do.

Here's a picture of me looking all grown up (Jacob061905b). I'm doing the patented Daddy head tilt and lopsided smile pose. Ignore my bedhead -- I slept funny and my hair stuck up straight all day!

Hugs and "I Don't Like Mondays"-Boomtown-Rats Kisses,

Jacob

No comments: