Sunday, September 30, 2007

Thank You, Thank You Very Much. Hunh.

Poppy and Jake listen to all kids of music. I'm constantly surprised by Jake's musical tastes. Don't get me wrong, he loves The Wiggles as much (or more) as any other three-year-old, but he also likes bands and singers most three-year-olds have never heard of.

The other day, a song by The Who was playing. I'm not a huge fan, so I changed the station. From the back seat I hear, "Hey! Turn it back!" Surprised, I ask, "Why?" Jake replies, "I like that one!" Once I returned to The Who, I was instructed to "Turn it louder, Mommy."

Jake really, really likes Elvis right now. In fact, I think Elvis may have replaced Eddie & The Cruisers as the favorite current band. I don't have much Elvis on my iPod, but Jake really likes the version of Elvis doing "Maybelline." Poppy bought a DVD of the famous "Elvis in Hawaii" concert, and Jake loves to watch and do all the Elvis moves. Here he is...all he needs is a spangly jumpsuit...


He likes lots of different Elvis songs, but "Guitar Man" is his favorite.

No comments: