Thursday, September 27, 2007

Threes Are Literal...

Jake does really well with his potty training -- actually, he's done. The day he turned three, he decided he is a big boy and would go on the potty. And he has.

He does really well at listening to his body, and telling us when he has to go, even if we're out in public. The other day we were at Border's and he told me we had to go.

I took him into the ladies' room with me. He's not quite tall enough yet to stand at the toilet and pee over the rim without assistance, so I had to pick him up a little bit. I'm busy helping him get his pants and underwear down, while also lifting the seat and picking him up, when I say, "Now Jake, remember, don't touch anything in a public bathroom."

He replies, "But Mommy, I have to touch you!"

Um, well, true. :-)

No comments: