Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Fingers and Sweetness And Love for Baby

Most mornings, I get Jake out of bed. Then he goes into Poppy's study to give him a hug and say "good morning." I sit on the stairs until Jake comes out so we can go down and get breakfast.

This morning, Jake was asking Poppy about some of the stuff on the bookshelves:

J: "What is that?"
P: "That's a book I bought when I was 14. That was 30 years ago. Do you know how long ago that is?"
J: "Why no! I don't have that many fingers!"

Much laughter coming from the stairs at that point...

***
Later in the morning, Jake and I got ready to leave for school. We walked out into the garage and Poppy had left the door up for us.

J: "Hey! Poppy left the door up for us!"
M: "Yeah, he did."
J: "That is so sweet!"

***
Jake gives the baby a hug and kiss every morning. We went to have pictures done and he was so sweet, posing with the baby. He likes to say that "It will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year's Eve, and then the baby will come and I will be so happy!"

No comments: