Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Random Jake Stories

Tonight, I met some friends for dinner so Poppy and Jake got "manly bonding time" alone together.

They were watching Bruce Springsteen videos. Poppy showed Jake one where Bruce runs across the stage and does a cartwheel and sort of bounces up at the end. Jake thought he should do it too, except he doesn't know how to do a cartwheel. He would run across the room, then throw himself down on the floor. Then he'd bounced up and ask, "Do you think could Bruce could do that?" Um...

I didn't get home in time for Jake's bedtime, which is rare. I told Jake that if I didn't, I would be sure to come in and give him a kiss (which, of course I did). About 2:00 am, I hear "Mommy! Mommy!" I go in, and Jake (mostly asleep) says "Did you have good? Did you have good?" I think he meant did I have a good time. I said, "Yes, I did, but I missed you." I gave him a kiss, tucked him back in and he was out. Such a sweetie.

No comments: