Friday, July 15, 2005

I'm 46 Weeks Old!

Happy 4th of July! It's a grey and rainy day here, but it won't matter to me if the fireworks are cancelled -- that's way past my bedtime anyway. But Mommy and I are having a good weekend anyway. I feel much better and my earache is all
gone.

On Saturday, I went to the zoo for the first time! It was a lot of fun. I saw lions and bears and monkeys and giraffes and crocodiles, and all kinds of other animals. Here's a picture of me trying to feed the bears my paci
(Jacob070205a). I really liked the tropical rain forest habitat, because it was filled with beautiful birds. Mommy says birds are mean, but I liked the noises they make.

I also saw giant tortoises. The zoo has two and they live in an enclosed yard outside the snake house. Did you know that tortoises can weigh up to 600 pounds and grow to five feet long? And did you know that tortoises can make very loud
noises? While we were looking at the tortoises, the big male one climbed on top of the little female one and started groaning and bellowing, very loudly. It made me jump! Mommy laughed and said it is a good thing I am so little, as some of the other parents had to explain what the tortoises were doing. Somehow, birds and bees were involved, although I didn't see any.

I'm getting really good at moving around. I crawl all over the house now, instead of just staying in the living room. Three times this weekend, I've crawled into my bedroom and grabbed the wipes when I've needed a diaper change (I just finished my antibiotic so I've had a little um, intestinal difficulty). Of course, sometimes I just like to play with the wipes box, so Mommy is assuming I'm not really ready for potty training so soon. Although I do hate a dirty diaper and always have...yuck!

Mommy got me my first scooter (Jacob070205b). It flips up so it can help me walk, but I'm not ready for that yet; I just fall over. But I like to sit on it and if I wiggle my legs fast enough, I actually make it move! It's a lot of fun.

I've been talking a lot this weekend, too. I babble long strings of syllables and then wait for Mommy to reply. She doesn't ever seem to understand what I'm saying, though. My favorite word right now is "dadalada." I refuse to make any sound with an "m" which Mommy finds very frustrating, but funny.

Mommy and I have spent a lot of time together, just like the old days. It's been fun, but I've been testing my limits. There are only two things in the house I can't touch -- the vertical blinds and the tv stand. All weekend, I've been looking at Mommy and then reaching my hand out to touch either the blinds or the DVD player. She says "no" very sternly and moves me away if I touch them. I get mad and scream, but she just walks away, so I stop. If I don't touch them, she praises me and gives me a kiss. I can't help wanting to touch, it's the lure of the forbidden!

The rest of the house is mine, though. Mommy lets me play in most of the the kitchen and bathroom cupboards. I particularly like the cabinet where the tupperware lives. I get it all out and bang on it with my wooden spoon (Jacob070205c). It's one of my favorite things to do.

My spoon also makes a good weapon. A lizard followed us home from the zoo, and I like to hit him with my spoon. (JAcob070205d). I can protect my mom! (Although to protect the lizard, Mommy moved him up to the freezer door.)

Let's see, not much else to report. Oh, I have a new favorite food -- blueberries! Mommy gave me some banana blueberry mix the other day. I liked it so much I cried until she fed me the entire jar, even though I had already eaten a jar each of carrots & beef and green beans & potatoes. It's funny, because Mommy loves blueberries, too. And I got to try ice cream and American cheese for the first time. Yum!

Everyone have a great 4th of July!

Love and red-white-and-blue kisses,

Jacob

No comments: