Monday, May 07, 2007

Jake Shows the Love


Who said that little boys aren't affectionate? Well okay, maybe I did. Jake isn't the most affectionate kid in the world...mostly when he's tired. Otherwise, he's too busy.

I kept him home on Friday, May 4. We had the BEST day. Lots of fun and bonding, just Jake and me. We were at the grocery store and in one aisle, I gave him a hug and kiss and told him I love him. A couple of aisles later, he patted my hand and said, "I love you Mommy" and then reached up to give me a hug and kiss. He was so sweet and serious about it and I got sort of teary-eyed. I said, "I love you, too, Jake. I'm so lucky to have a boy like you." He said, "No, *I* lucky." Just about made me cry in the middle of Copp's!
Here's Jake with his easter basket...showing the love to his M&Ms and jellybeans ("Dey my favowite, Mommy!")

No comments: